View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:20

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Attention: iPhone/iOS Users 

Post Attention: iPhone/iOS Users
Blizzard Entertainment wrote:
Greetings, everyone!

In just a few days, Apple will be releasing the latest iOS update as well as the new iPhone. The upcoming iOS update may cause iPhone Mobile Authenticators to reset. When you update your phone's OS, we recommend taking any one of the following precautionary steps:

• Sign up for the free SMS Protect service. In the event of a lost, broken, or accidentally reset authenticator, users with SMS Protect can remove the old authenticator from their account with a texted security code. For more information, visit the SMS Protect FAQ.

• Write down your authenticator's Serial Number and Restore Code so that you may restore your authenticator to your phone after the OS update is finished. You may also wish to take a screenshot of this information.

• Temporarily remove the authenticator before updating. Reattach the authenticator again once your iOS update is complete. You can remove the authenticator through our Web Chat option if necessary by contacting the Blizzard Support page and selecting Battle.net > I have an issue managing my account > I want to remove my authenticator > Live chat. If Live Chat shows offline, refresh the web page and try again.

• Update over Wi-Fi. iPhones that are updated over Wi-Fi rather than through a computer are less prone to accidental resets.

source

September 17th, 2013, 9:09
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]