View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 18:43

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 FL nerfs inc 

Post FL nerfs inc
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/244 ... s-Incoming

Quote:
With the final showdown against Deathwing approaching, we’ve been keeping a close eye on players' progress through the current Firelands raid content. Before patch 4.3 is released, we want groups who are working on Heroic-difficulty content to be able to get as close to Ragnaros as possible, and we want players who are tackling normal progression to be able to experience as many of the encounters as they can. To achieve these goals, we’ll be toning down the difficulty of both normal and Heroic raids through hotfixes in the coming weeks. In general, we plan to reduce health and damage of all raid bosses in both normal and Heroic Firelands by around the same percentage we brought difficulty down for the original Cataclysm raids when Rage of the Firelands (patch 4.2) was released.

We're looking forward to seeing more groups of players face off against the Fire Lord in the weeks ahead. However, before we make these changes, we want to give everyone a final shot at the bosses at their current difficulty level -- so this is a heads up that we’re planning to apply the difficulty hotfixes beginning the week of September 19.

Stay tuned to the Patch 4.2 Hotfixes blog for these and other live updates to the game as they happen.

Hmm is that 30 or 20% health and dmg nerf?

Dunno why but I'm kinda disappointed. Too soon for nerfs.
How long has it been since FL was released?
We didn't really get a chance to get bored of it yet. Not me at least :(
Still it wont be an absolute cakewalk with the nerfs but still :/

Guess it's time to gear up alts with this nerf. Where you at, Titteh?

Inb4 QQ moar

September 13th, 2011, 3:30
Officer

Post Re: FL nerfs inc
What a fucking piece of bullshit reason to nerf it before the next tier of content...

I want 4/7 heroic before the nerfs, k?

September 13th, 2011, 8:33

Woodgnome wrote:
What a fucking piece of bullshit reason to nerf it before the next tier of content...

I want 4/7 heroic before the nerfs, k?
k boss

September 13th, 2011, 11:10
Officer

Seems strange to nerf heroics, the only reason people even do heroics is for the challenge. I can understand nerfs for difficulty tuning, like rag heroic, but across the board nerfs like this seem strange. Come sept 19th we'll quickly hit 6/7heroic and then probably 7/7 soon after. A 20% reduction to a heroic bosses health and damage done basically makes it a normal boss again.

September 13th, 2011, 11:29
Officer

I really, really don't follow the logic either - is heroic mode all of a sudden supposed to be available to everyone as well?

September 13th, 2011, 11:40

I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Yes I would love to see and kill all heroics before 4.3 but I would prefer boss specific nerfs and fine tuning than a flat percentage nerf/buff. Or at least the fine tuning first and then, like 2 weeks before the 4.3 go live, a flat percentage nerf/buff so we can catch up.

As I see it we got into T12 with normal T11 gear and we aimed to T12 heroics, while most of the guilds that aimed for heroics had already heroic T11 gear. Any nerf to T12 heroics will allow us to catch up with this guilds and be ready for T13, so it is more than welcome for me.

September 13th, 2011, 12:17

Is it just me that thinks these nerfs are going to be more akin to the ICC 5%-at-a-time style than just a huge, flat nerf? You know, so that all the world and his dog don't go from 6/7 normal to 4/7 heroic in a week or something ridiculous.

September 14th, 2011, 14:01
Officer

Hangen wrote:
As I see it we got into T12 with normal T11 gear and we aimed to T12 heroics, while most of the guilds that aimed for heroics had already heroic T11 gear. Any nerf to T12 heroics will allow us to catch up with this guilds and be ready for T13, so it is more than welcome for me.

I'd rather have challenging content this tier and next tier than nerfs now just to allow us to be slightly more competitive next tier.

Realistically if we had started T12 with full T11 HC gear we may be a boss or two ahead but it's not like we'd get realm 1st rag hc.

September 14th, 2011, 14:30

Yea, I agree with you. I also prefer challenging content. But no, I'm not talking about heroic Ragnaros realm first, lol no! not even close!! I'm talking about entering heroics a bit sooner. My view about gear is that can allow imperfect players (like us) to do more mistakes without wiping, nothing more, nothing less.

What I say was that I welcome a nerf that can allow us to progress in a pace that would allow us to at least see heroic Ragnaros legs before 4.3, but not a flat percentage nerf across the board. I don't want that. What I want is specific nerfs and small tweaks, like adding 1sec to Fieroblast casting time or things like that.

September 14th, 2011, 16:19
Officer

Hangen wrote:
Yea, I agree with you. I also prefer challenging content. But no, I'm not talking about heroic Ragnaros realm first, lol no! not even close!! I'm talking about entering heroics a bit sooner. My view about gear is that can allow imperfect players (like us) to do more mistakes without wiping, nothing more, nothing less.

What I say was that I welcome a nerf that can allow us to progress in a pace that would allow us to at least see heroic Ragnaros legs before 4.3, but not a flat percentage nerf across the board. I don't want that. What I want is specific nerfs and small tweaks, like adding 1sec to Fieroblast casting time or things like that.

No legendary daggers for rogues that can't interrupt every Fieroblast :D

September 14th, 2011, 20:19
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]