View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 14:48

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 The UI thread 

Post Re: The UI thread
Too bad you still let blood plague drop off

February 10th, 2013, 19:13

if u look closely u can see unholy blight active but the big mob seems immune or something ><

February 10th, 2013, 20:12

Spent the majority of yesterday working on a UI for my DK, which'll hopefully be easily transferred to my other toons too...

The big bar is basically for a Cooldown timer for my defensive cooldowns... they're all hotkeyed to mouse buttons, i just like having a big visual to see when they're off CD

The others, the hotkeys are shown for the ones i'm not 100% on the hotkeys for yet...

I need to work on DBM placement, and buff placement... but other than that i think i'm happy...

Suggestions/feedback?

ßæn - 100 Death Knight
ßæl - 100 Warlock

May 10th, 2013, 10:45

your buffs seem to be partially under the party frame, not sure if you care about it or not :p

May 10th, 2013, 11:21
Officer

What's the vertical bar between the player and target frame?
Do you really need timers on all your buffs?
You track your runes twice but do either actually show when they're coming off CD? It's useful to know when your next death rune is available so you can stack your blood shield.
Do you actually track the size of your absorb? You can use something like http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/blood-shield-tracker to track the size of the heal/absorb.
You should probably also track your vengeance or alternatively use something like http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/dkdiseases so you can maximize your dps.

May 10th, 2013, 11:30

fortexorcist is nice for tracking debuff and buffs u want to see, and blacklist such u dont want to see of ur own, and ofc doesnt show a bar or two with 50000 stuff u dont even care about.
Tellmewhen is awesome aswell for tracking uptimes of stuff like buffs debuffs etc, easy to setup aswell and it is skinnable with masque (i use masque: caith i think, looks just fantastic)
tiptac is nice aswell for target bar/frame (the bar u see when u hoover a target) so u dont have to use the default tukui bar
ExtraCD is nice for tracking some stuff, tho i dont know what else it can track except trinkets tho only thing i use it for :)

Fortexorcist: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/fortexorcist
Tellmewhen: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tellmewhen
Tiptac: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tip-tac
Tiptac Talents: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tip-tac-talents (shows the class spec and so on)
ExtraCD: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/extracd

Oh and move out that aggro bar (i was annoyed by it when i used tuk atleast, no idea about you) ^^
other then that realy nice work! :)

May 10th, 2013, 12:29

It's Lui, not Tukui, but yeah i do need to slightly move the Omen placement so it's not overlapping (no idea why that's the default)

I have Fortexorcist (that's the vertical bar... i realised it's kinda not fulfilling it's purpose where it is... the idea was to flash cooldowns that have jsut come off Cooldown at me... i think i'll make it a lot bigger (like most of the height of the screen) and off to one side instead...) but i don't like the buff/debuff timer bars on there for some reason...

I don't mind the default tooltip frame thing... only thing i may want is for it to appear at the mouse, not in the corner...

I like having timers on all my buffs, just cause i like being able to glance down and see that sorta thing... i do want somewhere slightly more out of the way though possibly for them... but Debuffs being ontop of my character i find helpful...

Runes on my character are just for completeness... they don't need to be there, but i dunno, it just doesn't feel right without them there for me :/ The runes in the middle do slide across as they come free, but don't have timers... the addon i had before was lovely in timer regards, except very uncustomisable (as i've found with all rune addons) and so could only have 6 runes horizontally... - i really want my 2 Blood runes, then unholy, then frost, one of each rune above the other, with timers somewhere... but i can't find anything like it...

the 2 red bars above my character frame are my estimated blood shield given if i DS now, and the amount of Blood shield i currently have, and the time left on it

Vengence i downloaded the addon and then forgot to set it up... entirely my bad :P

DBM, i'm thinking the timers go next to my recount (bottom right side) in that big nice gap, then move to middle of my screen (slightly higher up than currently) when they're about to expire

also, does anyone know an addon to get rid of the "that ability is not ready yet" both sound and text? (text more important)... i like to spam my buttons :P

ßæn - 100 Death Knight
ßæl - 100 Warlock

May 11th, 2013, 2:07

My UI, as said on my application aswell, ElvUI :)

The quality seems quite bad probably bcos of compressing the website I uploaded it to does.

I used to be able to press my HoW and DS easily with my Naga, but it broke down some time ago, and still haven't figured proper key-binds for them :/

And on "E" I usually have Death's Advance, just have the stun there for Brawling purposes.

And on right from my pet control bar I have mouse-over mount/HS bar

May 11th, 2013, 10:42
Officer

Cukurs i like the fact that you have the duration of your diseases shown in 4 separate places :)

What do you use for your buff/debuff bars, Forte? If it's forte i found an issue with it tracking diseases on multiple mobs, do you have the same (i.e screen covered in bars?).

May 11th, 2013, 12:17

I don't really like it but I can't find a replacement that I like either.

May 11th, 2013, 12:29
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next