View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 10:28

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Patch 5.2 due Feb 27th 
Officer

Post Patch 5.2 due Feb 27th
Spend your valor, spend your greater charms, both get wiped on 5.2's release.

February 12th, 2013, 12:48

Post Re: Patch 5.2 due Feb 27th
As i understood it the elder charms don't get wiped, they just wont work in the new raid:
Quote:
In 5.2 the weekly quest to turn in the Lesser Charms changes, and will instead give you 3 Mogu Runes of Fate. The Mogu Runes of Fate can be used the same way, on bonus rolls, but only in the 5.2 Throne of Thunder raid and on the two new world bosses (Nalak and Oondasta). Elder Charms will still be available for the 5.0 raids, but they’ll instead be dropping from mobs in the new outdoor Thundering Isle zone.

February 12th, 2013, 13:03

That is also what I understand.

Currently I have 7 Elder Charms and tomorrow I will have 10. If someone find a source that says that Elder Charms are going to get wiped, or not, it will be very much appreciated.

What I have found that far:
Daxxarri @ WoW Forums
MMO-Champion
Wowhead

I also Tweet Greg Street (@Ghostcrawler) asking him about that, in case you want to push some movement/views/replies for the question.

February 12th, 2013, 13:25
Officer

Yeah your right, my mistake. Still i wouldn't go stock piling them, and its probably best using them before the new patch unless you plan to run 5.1 raids post patch.

One thing worth noting is that i think they're increasing the drop chance (including from charms) in 5.1 raids post patch, so potentially it might be worthwhile hanging on to them.

Unless you love dailys or actually need to roll on every boss i wouldn't go converting any more lesser charms before 5.2.

February 12th, 2013, 15:55

So basically we can all relax EXCEPT ERIK !

:D/-<

:D\-<

February 12th, 2013, 16:17

fu goldi

February 12th, 2013, 17:16

New dailies with 5.2 to farm the new charms............... Prepare for HELL

February 12th, 2013, 18:38

I have over 700 Lesser Charms, so I think I will be good... :P

February 12th, 2013, 19:56

Zarhym wrote:
After reading your feedback and locking ourselves in dim, fluorescent-lit rooms for much deliberation, we have decided that we are NOT going to convert Valor to Justice and Justice to gold when 5.2 ships. Current Valor items will continue to require Valor in 5.2, and will be offered at a discount as listed in the PTR patch notes. Given that PvE and PvP currencies function quite a bit differently, Conquest will still convert to Honor and Honor to gold as previously discussed.

We’re making the Valor change for a couple of reasons, but primarily because we think a down-conversion under the new Mists endgame progression model just feels mean. We traditionally viewed this conversion process with each patch as a necessary evil to discourage hoarding—it’s not fun to feel like you can’t spend your Valor in the weeks before a new patch because you have to be ready to buy everything up. However, we have a Valor cap now to prevent excessive hoarding, many of the Valor rewards in 5.2 require raiding to acquire (for example, many of the ilevel-522 rewards are tied to Shado-Pan Assault reputation, which you’ll only gain rep with by raiding in the Throne of Thunder), and the LFR version has an ilvl-480 requirement, meaning you can’t hoard Valor on a brand new 90 and jump straight to the best stuff. All of these factors being considered, it doesn’t make good sense to take Valor away from players in this context. Down-conversions may occur for future patch releases depending on the circumstances, but for 5.2 it’s safe and snuggly where it is.

In addition, we’re making a change to ensure that there are some gear rewards available via the Kirin Tor Offensive and Sunreaver Onslaught, the two new factions with which players can earn reputation in 5.2 without raiding. The patch was shaping up to be a real challenge for players who don’t like raiding (including LFR), as our original design meant that no new Valor rewards would be available to them without needing to run Throne of Thunder. You can expect to see the Valor rewards on the Kirin Tor Offensive and Sunreaver Onslaught quartermasters updated on the 5.2 public test realms in the near future. These rewards are ilevel 496 and will only accommodate a few slots, as they aren’t intended to be very attractive to raiders (including those running LFR), but should give non-raiders something to shoot for in 5.2.

If you’ve already made plans and sank your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)

We’d love to hear your feedback about this change, and how you’re planning to earn, save, and spend Valor before the patch releases

source
TL;DR: (bold and underlined)
  • NO currency conversion for PvE
  • 5.2 NOT before 5 March

February 13th, 2013, 9:49

Hangen wrote:
NO currency conversion for PvE

Has this ever happened again in a Patch liek that?

February 13th, 2013, 11:06
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next