View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 14th, 2024, 14:03

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Siege of Orgrimmar - patch 5.4 

Post Re: The unannounced 5.4 feature announced
I just want human male to stop looking like a hideous proto ape with flat textures and mirrored body

June 13th, 2013, 17:22

The hunter t16 is going to be a laser beam submarine set. Mark my words.

June 13th, 2013, 17:25
Officer

It seems like a lot of trouble to go through to make the changes they needed to make better facial expressions and fingers that aren't just rigid sticks for just one NPC. Especially all the emotes - don't think Garrosh is gonna /train us when we're trying to kill him. Maybe that's just me...

June 13th, 2013, 19:49

I'll bet money that garrosh is using the new orc skeleton. looks fantastic tbh, proper facial expressions and the new orc sprint actually looks fucking menacing

June 13th, 2013, 23:36

June 13th, 2013, 23:37

lol smug much

June 13th, 2013, 23:38
Officer

Woodgnome wrote:
It seems like a lot of trouble to go through to make the changes they needed to make better facial expressions and fingers that aren't just rigid sticks for just one NPC. Especially all the emotes - don't think Garrosh is gonna /train us when we're trying to kill him. Maybe that's just me...
No i agree it's probably the new orc model, just that the polygon count seems very high, not sure if blizz would use that skin when you could have 100 of the together in org, i imagine people with oder crappy pc's might cry.

June 13th, 2013, 23:50

http://www.wowhead.com/news=214667/patc ... 287:0:10+0

that's a shit ton of cool animations

June 14th, 2013, 1:55

Woodgnome wrote:
Especially all the emotes - don't think Garrosh is gonna /train us when we're trying to kill him. Maybe that's just me...

Actually...
http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/patch-5-4-the-death-of-pandaria/

Skip to 37th second

June 14th, 2013, 17:08
Officer

Post In Game Store
Blizzard wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback so far, everyone. We’re still pretty early in the exploration process, but we did want to go into more detail about our rationale for introducing an in-game store, as well as provide some insight into what you might ultimately see available there.

For players who are already interested in the in-game items we offer, such as Pet Store pets and mounts, the benefits of an in-game store are pretty clear. We think everyone would appreciate the convenience of being able to make such purchases without having to leave the game, and ultimately that’s our long-term goal for the system, though there’s quite a bit of work involved in retrofitting those existing items into the new system.

First, we’ll be testing the in-game store with some new kinds of items we’re looking into introducing (in Asian regions, at the outset) based on player feedback: specifically, an experience buff to assist with the leveling process, as well as an alternate way to acquire Lesser Charms of Good Fortune. We’ve had a lot of requests from players in different regions for convenience-oriented items such as these, and as with other new ideas we’ve introduced as WoW has evolved—including Pet Store pets, mounts, and more—your feedback plays a hugely important part in determining what we add to the game.

Ultimately it’s still too early in the process to make any final determinations about our plans, but in the meantime, we hope you’ll check out the in-game store once it’s implemented on the PTR and let us know what you think.

At this point I'm not terrible bothered - a lot of people are claiming that being able to buy Lesser Charms is P2W (pay to win), but personally I see that claim as a load of bullshit.

All you're buying at this point is a reduction of time spent grinding and vanity items (pets/mounts). Lesser Charms are 100% obtainable without any luck required, so outside of time spent there's no real benefit - the same goes for the XP buff.

Maybe it's the first step on the road to WoW becoming F2P, which I wouldn't mind as long as the things they offer in the shop don't become "true" P2W (such as buying non-cosmetic gear) and the benefits of buying stuff doesn't escalate to a point, where it becomes daunting to do things without those benefits.

July 9th, 2013, 14:07
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next