View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 29th, 2024, 16:51

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 [WITHDRAWN]Carvo - Combat rogue application! 

Post [WITHDRAWN]Carvo - Combat rogue application!
General info
Character name:Carvo
Battletag:Carvo#2832
Race, class, level, server:Undead, Rogue, 100
Talent spec:Combat, currently only I have weapons for.

What are your professions and why did you choose them? My progessions are Alch and Eng. I choose Alch to supply myself with flaks and potions and a money maker, though for WoD Alch have been pretty bad at its job. With 6.1 alch will also get a new trinket whic will be very good. I choose eng beacuse it simply looked fun and provided some great utilites back in MoP, though now It is quite useless really.

For how long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I have been playing WoW since the summer of 2012, but I played it very casualy and did not start raiding until the spring of 2014 with SoO.

Total played time: 51 days, 8 hours and 42 min. This was only my main since WoD launch, combined all my character whic is 10+ at lvl 90 and higher I have a awful lot of time played.

Guild and raid info
Previous guilds and your reason(s) for leaving them: The Four Kings, Defias Brotherhood. This was my first raiding guild, and truth be told it was a pretty bad raiding guild but with a very strong social community whic broke when WoD hit. The GM didnt want to lead the guild, the raid team was going nowhere so we decied to disband.
My current guild is The Reaping Bolts, Defias on Horde side. I joined them for not long ago and I stepped into a lovly gang of people with a lot of problems with their raid team. We simply lacked the ability to recruit people and then was forced to take bad players just to have a team and then the GM decied to quit the game and it was decided to disband the guild.

How did you hear about Frenzy? I put my call out on the WoW forums and got a suprisng amount of from differnt guilds, including a battletag request from Woodgnome.

Why Frenzy and why should we accept YOU?
I have been looking for guilds since wednesday when the guild disbanded and you stood out with your good progress and direct apporach to me. I am not the best to sell myself, but I belive I am a good raider with the right mindset who is open to critsism and all, since I am a fairly new player to my class. I do also always have in mind of making friends when I join a guild and are often very happy to participate in social runs and all that good stuff, even I dont need/gain anything personaly from it.

Do you know anyone from Frenzy in-game or irl alreatdy? If yes, who and will they vouch for you? I do not know anyone from Frenzy.

What is your raid experience (on any character and including past experience)? My WoD experince is 7/7HC HM 1/7M with a 18% on Twins, in a pug that was. Currently only 8/10N BRF and 4/10HC BRF due to alot of problems with my guild. I cleared 14/14 current normal and the 3 first current HC bosses and killed Garrosh HC/Mythic rigth before WoD for the heirloom. All my MoP progress was done on my mage (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... dan/simple) whic was my current main during MoP

What do you expect from raiding in Frenzy?
I expect to have fun while still having steady progress with HC and move onto Mythic progress.
Do you have a microphone and are you willing to use it during raids? Yes, I do have a microphone and are more then willing to use it during raids.

Can you attend all of our raid times listed in the rules? Yes, I can make them very easily, though since I am in school i will go into my exam season when closing the summer, so I cannot promise for that periode.

How much do you play outside of raiding times?
I play quite alot outside of raiding time, running old instances, lvling alts and often just talking to friends I have made in-game.

How would you describe yourself as a raider?
I would desribe myself as someone who wants to be more then just a DPSer. I will not be satisfiyed with just standing hitting the boss, but use my class to it fullest and do any kind of extra job that is required. God, how I wish I was a hunter in HM instead of a melee.. we got no fun jobs to do!

What addons do you use to improve your raiding performance? ElvUi and DBM is more then engough for me.

Please supply a link to the armory with your raiding gear equipped: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... rvo/simple

Please supply combat logs of some of your previous kills: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BvmYJ3WhVXAzGtT6 A log from the last guild raid I did.

Real life info
Name: HÃ¥kon
Info about you and what you do when not playing WoW: I am in school so homework will have to be done. I do have a interest in other games then WoW, I also play golf in the summer and in the winter I do alot of skiing at my cabin.

You're free to add extra information if you feel like it! I dont really have to much more to say, other then I really enjoy cake..

February 20th, 2015, 1:22
Officer

Post Re: Carvo - Combat rogue application!
Hello Carvo,

We're currently reviewing your application and will get back to you as soon as possible!

February 20th, 2015, 10:35

Hello Carvo, if you don't mind I would like to ask you some questions.

You say that you only have weapons for Combat, and in your logs you only play Combat, but in the armory I'm seeing that you have a dagger and a Subtlety spec.

1) Can you elaborate about your weapon choices for each spec?

2) What weapons you have/using for each spec?

3) For what spec is your gear optimized in the armory?

4) Why you are not playing Subtlety, since you have the dagger and the spec, for single target fights?

February 20th, 2015, 14:14

Yes, I just got that dagger and am now going to learn sub. Though its the spec i have played the least.
1) As combat I do use 2x Hans`gar`s Forgehammer WF beacuse of the very good stats. Haste and multi. For Sub I would ofcourse go for a dagger in main-hand and then the best other weapon I have. For assinaiton i am ofcourse recuired to play with two daggers.

2) 2x Hans`gar`s Forgehammer HC WF for combat.
1 Hans`gar`s Forgehammer HC WF and Ko`ragh`s Boot knife HC.
Dont have two viable daggers for assination.

3) I am optimzed for combat with full haste, though now that im going to work on my sub I will most likely re-enchant and re-gem for full multistrike since it works well with both combat and sub.

4) Explained above!

February 20th, 2015, 15:02

Thanks for the answers Carvo. Your armory now make more sense! :P

February 20th, 2015, 15:26
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]