View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 22:08

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 [DECLINED] Retribution Paladin Application 

Post [DECLINED] Retribution Paladin Application
General info
Character name: Frêddy
Battletag:sirfreddy#2678
Race, class, level, server:Human, Paladin, 100, Turalyon
Talent spec:Retribution paladin

What are your professions and why did you choose them?
Blacksmithing: I chose blacksmithing because it would alow me to make 640 items early in the expansion.

Enchanting: Because of the prices of enchanting I chose my second profession to be enchanting, I also liek to be able to enchant new items I might get right away instead of waiting for break, or see if someone else can do it for me.

For how long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I first started in laste Cata, but only fist seriously raiding last January with Chaos Asylum on Darkspear.

Total played time:
On character I am applying with 42 days.

Guild and raid info
Previous guilds and your reason(s) for leaving them:
I first started raiding early January of 2014, as a prot warrior and ended clearing 8/14hc with the guild. While I was playing with the guild I was also playing my paladin, and managed to get Garrosh down on mythic 2 days before the launch of WoD. This January however my guild deiced to go social, as the guild master left the game.
It was at that time I decided to look for a new guild, with the gold of clearing high end content at a steady pace. I server transferred, and joined Deaths per Second.
At first this guild look good, they had cleared hc and 2/7 mythic. 2 Weeks after I joined I was let into a progress on Bracken, and we managed to down him not long after, with me in the group. My problem with the guild started with the launch of BRF, where the mistakes and flaws of the guild started to show. People consider loot more important than progress. People that simply fail the encounter over and over is never taken out of the raid, to ensure better progression.
Also the GM doesn't seem to be concerned with the problems, and she is also the only one running the guild, as people that have been there for a long time have no interest in taking responsibility. As well as the atmosphere while raiding is very negative and not constructive, leading me to not looking forward to the next raid night.

How did you hear about Frenzy?
I was looking for a new guild to replace mine, one that consider progression over gear.

Why Frenzy and why should we accept YOU?
I am a highly self motivated player, that seek to improve myself in any way I can. I also have a very good understanding of what is needed of a person to raid high end content. i am also a very open person, and take criticism well, and see it as away to improve. I also always come prepared to the raids, whether that be gems, enchant or knowing strat. I also enjoy analyse the fights and come with constructive feedback or suggestions. I am also not afraid to have important tasks in raid encounters.

Do you know anyone from Frenzy in-game or irl already? If yes, who and will they vouch for you?
No.

What is your raid experience (on any character and including past experience)?
I played a prot warrior most of MoP and managed to clear 8/14hc/M on it. I played my paladin at the same time and managed to get Garrosh down just 2 days before the release of WoD. I also like to play my hunter outside of main raid on my paladin, and have 6/7HM hc and 6/10 NM BRF.

What do you expect from raiding in Frenzy?
A positive and constructive environment that focuses on progression.

Do you have a microphone and are you willing to use it during raids?
I do have a mic and I use the mic when it is needed for me to call out something, or if I come with suggestions or feedback about the fight.

Can you attend all of our raid times listed in the rules?
Yes
How much do you play outside of raiding times?
I do tend to raid outside of main raid on my alts, mainly my monk and hunter, but have in later times tried to do some raiding on my warrior. I can sometime spend just as much time on my alts as my main.
How would you describe yourself as a raider?
I am a mature and self motivated player, that enjoys raiding and progression. I take constructive criticism well, and see it as a way to improve. I don't complain, but rather come with suggestions as to solve the problem. I also keep updated on my class changes and information, so too better understand and play my class.

What addons do you use to improve your raiding performance?
-Tell me When
-DBM
-Skada
-ElvUI(in terms of optimizing my UI)

Please supply a link to the armory with your raiding gear equipped:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... y/advanced

Please supply combat logs of some of your previous kills:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/14082 Logs for the guild raids
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PB4MNx1wvL6TRaJ3 (last weeks 6 kills)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GWyNHCAapBDMxVvK (this Thursdays try on iron maidens)

Real life info
Name: Jan Fredrik Jacobsen
Info about you and what you do when not playing WoW:
-Training
-Playing other games
-Hang out with friends

You're free to add extra information if you feel like it!
I would really appreciate and prefer, a in game or over voice interview, as I don't think that a written application doesn't fully convey who I am, as a player and a person.
I am looking forward hearing back from you

February 21st, 2015, 2:41

Post Re: Retribution Paladin Application
Hi Frêddy,

Thanks for your app, we'll review and reply soon.

February 21st, 2015, 12:30
Officer

Post Re: Retribution Paladin Application
Hello Frêddy,

I've added you on BattleTag - please get a hold of me when you're online (if you haven't got my request, then add Woodgnome#2314).

February 23rd, 2015, 21:30

Post Re: [PENDING] Retribution Paladin Application
Hey I have now gone over my logs and seen why I have performed worse than what I could have done.

1. I was over capping some holy power. While it wasn't much it can have a big impact in terms of number of procs.
2. Not spamming Hammer of wrath enough, I had 2 less hammer of wrath than the other paladins.
3. I didn't use to prio exorcism as it used to be pretty bad, I have looked at the numbers and it does more dps than crusader strike.

What does this mean, and what have I done to better my play style.
1. I have made my holy power more easy to see and track.
2. Made several tmw options to track important CD, as FV buffs and such.
3. Improved my rotation and priorities exorcism more, as well as spamming Hammer of Wrath more.

February 27th, 2015, 20:24

To add to the above. It will take some getting used to the new improvements to the ui and rotation. I also need some time to get used to the new raid environment , and new people, as I can be a bit nervous around new people.

February 27th, 2015, 20:37
Officer

Hello Freddy,

We thank you for the interest in our guild, but we've decided to decline your application. Good luck on your continued guild hunt!

March 1st, 2015, 2:38
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]