View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 13:11

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 [DECLINED] Aggrevated-Death Knight-Blood 

Post [DECLINED] Aggrevated-Death Knight-Blood
General info
Character name: Aggrevated (currently)
Battletag:nemertea#2178
Race, class, level, server: I'm an Orc Death knight at level 100 on Kazzak
Talent spec: I'm a blood DK with a frost OS (don't ask me to use it for your own sake, its atrocious)

What are your professions and why did you choose them?
I'm a miner and enchanter. The miner was for the passive HP increase and for a bit of income which i have never made use of ironically. The enchanting was to save money on all those ridiculously over-priced enchants since WOTLK. I'm a skin-flint by nature

For how long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
Since TBC. I started as a mage in a very casual raiding scene. I sucked eggs as a dps. Come WOTLK i tried healing and killed people more than healed them. I sucked at healing. So i tried tanking and, lo and behold, i was quite good at it so i chose a life of being smacked in the face. Must be related to my childhood

Total played time:
211 days 9hr 17 minutes and 59 seconds

Guild and raid info
Previous guilds and your reason(s) for leaving them:
In 7 years? fuck knows! Bu the most recent one is Dark Substance-Kazzak.
And as for leaving i left when the guild leader whispered me on blackhand progression he was benching me indefinitely because i wasnt using my cd's within the 15% margin of the top 10 world guilds, which he set as standard.
I politely thanked him for his time and left the guild. I think enough has been said to explain my reasons:(

How did you hear about Frenzy?
One of your members contacted me on the forums as a reply to my LF guild post. I then talked to him/her for a while on battletag and so here i am

Why Frenzy and why should we accept YOU?
Well, lets be organized here:
1- you are seeking a tank
2- I have the same progression level you have
3- I think my mentality to raids and progression is similar to yours
4- I may not be the best tank out there. I may not be a shining star. But i am reliable, competent enough and above all else persistent.
5- I'm an achievement fanatic and no guild is complete without one:D

Do you know anyone from Frenzy in-game or irl already? If yes, who and will they vouch for you?
No and no to both questions i'm afraid

What is your raid experience (on any character and including past experience)?
For this expansion, I have 5/7 HM mythic (last kill 22nd of January for butcher) and 9/10 for HC BRF, with Blackhand at 2% being my best try

What do you expect from raiding in Frenzy?
Stability, a consistent raid spot, drive to progress and a friendly cohesive raid team that doesn't form little groups and whisper naughty things about the other boys. Also a guild that tells me if something is wrong with sufficient time for me to correct it if i can.

Do you have a microphone and are you willing to use it during raids?
Yes i do. As for willing, depends. If someone calls me a woman i will erupt like the Vesuvius-.- (i have a thin voice...)

Can you attend all of our raid times listed in the rules?
Yes i can

How much do you play outside of raiding times?
Not much honestly. after 7 years WoW has sort of become just raids for me. the prospect of alts and pvp just doesnt appeal anymore

How would you describe yourself as a raider?
I'm that guy you dont introduce to the family. He is a good person, competent in his way and reliable but you wouldn't want him in the family meetings in case he innocently mentioned your bedroom activities to your mother

What addons do you use to improve your raiding performance?
DBM is my only addon. I am afraid one of my greatest issues is i get easily distracted by moving objects and loud noises. A bit like a dog. Flashy bars and things over my screen would reduce me to a quivering nervous wreck. However, i have raided at hc(mythic) level for 4 years now and its never been an issue

Please supply a link to the armory with your raiding gear equipped:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ted/simple

Please supply combat logs of some of your previous kills:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LW ... y8#boss=-2

Real life info
Name:Bartolomeu
Info about you and what you do when not playing WoW:
HUm..lets see. In Riyadh? I go to the gym for 2 hr a day and desperately try keeping my potted plants alive. I spend the rest of my time cleaning sand and dust from the floor and furniture and wondering why i accepted a job in this lonely awful place.

I like cake and pie equally but eat neither because i am obsessed with my health:P
You're free to add extra information if you feel like it!
Any extra information i have to add will only be added when I know the guild more. Cause privacy yo!

February 22nd, 2015, 14:35
Officer

Post Re: Aggrevated-Death Knight-Blood
Hi Aggrevated

Quote:
Do you have a microphone and are you willing to use it during raids?
Yes i do. As for willing, depends. If someone calls me a woman i will erupt like the Vesuvius-.- (i have a thin voice...)
Can you elaborate on this? We find it quite important to be able to communicate as a tank. Will you be able to do this even though you have a woman's voice?

Amanda#2108

February 22nd, 2015, 18:59

Yes i can i just tried making a joke. i have a...strange sense of humour

February 22nd, 2015, 19:53
Officer

Keepo

We'll get back to you!

Amanda#2108

February 22nd, 2015, 19:57
Officer

Hello Aggrevated,

I've added you on BattleTag - please get a hold of me when you're online (if you haven't got my request, then add Woodgnome#2314).

February 23rd, 2015, 21:30

Post Re: [PENDING] Aggrevated-Death Knight-Blood
Hey Aggrevated,

First off, sorry that the somewhat more in depth look at your app has taken this long.

So I've got a couple of questions:
-Why have you decided to go with Mastery enchants, instead of Multistrike?

-You seem to rarely use Plague Leech, even on fights like Blast Furnace and Iron Maidens. Is there a reason you're using the spell so rarely, if at all?

-Can you tell me a bit about your choice of glyphs? Do you use the same ones every fight, if so which? Which ones do you swap depending on the fight?

February 27th, 2015, 2:30

The debate between which is best of the 2 stats is somewhat unending as was the one for mastery vs stamina back in wotlk.
Personally, i prefer the consistently larger shield, even if it is a minor increase, than rolling the dice for a chance at a double heal that may A)not be necessary at the time or B) not come at all.
I always go for safety

As for plague leech.... Well the honest reply is i many times forget it because the issue is on single target fights i am limited in its use as it consumes my diseases. I know i can reapply them with outbreak if i glyph outbreak to cost RP instead of having a long cd but i prefer the outbreak opening so i dont glyph it (no rp at the pull). This means i only leech when A) i'm desperate and need a DS quick, B) outbreak is off cd and thus i can reapply diseases instantly or C) when another boss is nearby to act as a source.
This leads me to simply not remember i have it as often as i should until i panic and then recall i have an option.
This is why i said in my original forum post that i have slight problems with some CD management, being over conservative or absentminded on occasion, especially with circumstantial ones.

The glyphs:
Icy touch is useful as it allows me to dispel an enemy if necessary (such as blast furnace adds and other such things)
The AMS glyph i find very useful because it is very rare for an ability to fully consume my AMS and thus i get a very reduced cd to be able to soak again, sometimes even meaning i have AMS for every single cast of an important spell (such as brackenspores spit thing)
As for vamp, i prefer the increased healing received over a slight boost in my HP. It has no greater depth than that really
Thing is no glyph is really mandatory as a dk so it is really down to what i prefer out of the AMS ones, VB/RT, DRW and icy touch and i dont usually need the extra threat from DRW and i'm not letting RT become such a weak cd (20%)

February 27th, 2015, 20:19
Officer

nemertea wrote:
What addons do you use to improve your raiding performance?
DBM is my only addon. I am afraid one of my greatest issues is i get easily distracted by moving objects and loud noises. A bit like a dog. Flashy bars and things over my screen would reduce me to a quivering nervous wreck. However, i have raided at hc(mythic) level for 4 years now and its never been an issue
nemertea wrote:
This is why i said in my original forum post that i have slight problems with some CD management, being over conservative or absentminded on occasion, especially with circumstantial ones.
So you know you forget to use CDs, but you don't want to use addons to track them? How would you expect to improve this? On one of your Gruul kills you didn't use Bone Shield at all - could have easily been tracked with an aura of some kind.

February 28th, 2015, 16:07
Officer

After some more consideration we've decided to decline your application.

Good luck in your continued hunt for a guild!

February 28th, 2015, 18:24
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]