View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 14:09

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 [DECLINED] Narlie (Disc/Shadow Priest, 680) Raid Application 

Post [DECLINED] Narlie (Disc/Shadow Priest, 680) Raid Application
General info
Character name: Narlie
Battletag: iRowdy#2882
Race, class, level, server:Blood Elf Priest, 100, Chamber of Aspects
Talent spec: Disc (Shadow Offspecc)

For how long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I've been playing WoW since mid-TBC (when Tempest Keep was still cool!). I've been raiding progression since the launch of WotLK, from what was rather unsuccessful first to gaining more and more success the further I got into the game.

Total played time:
If I add-up the playtime of all my previous and current main characters, It'd stack up to about 240+ days.

Time played on current character in current expansion:
21 days and 20 hours! This character is new to progression, as I've only started raiding semi-hardcore on my priest since WoD-Launch, due to my current guilds roster needing a solid disc-healer. I volunteered, as I figured I was up for the task!

Guild and raid info
Previous guilds and your reason(s) for leaving them:
Cataclysm: 'Wisdom of Malygos' (Die Silberne Hand - German Realm, Realm 3rd 25-man): Guild broke up.
'InHonor' (Die Silberne Hand, Realm 2nd, 25-man): Our Guildmaster/Raidleader literally left from one day onto another, leaving us with a huge hole in the raid's leadership that was, unfortunately, not compensated for. This resulted in most of the guild members leaving/switching guilds.
'Predicted' (Die Silberne Hand, 10-Man): I raided with Predicted for the remainder of Cataclysm. I was able to clear 6/8 DS HC, before deciding to transfer over to the UK-Realms!
Mists of Pandaria (and into WoD): 'Sub Rosa Code' (Draenor, 10-Man): Unfortunately, the guild didn't progress, and the few players that aimed for something higher, simply had no choice but to leave if they were to do so.
'Hellscream's Kitchen' (Chamber of Aspects) HK was probably the nicest guild I was in so far. Seeing as I got back into the game after taking a small break mid-MoP due to school, I decided to slowly get back into things, hence joining a more casual guild. After considering myself ready for more progress-oriented raiding again, I parted in good terms.
Cliché (Chamber of Aspects, Former Realm 4th, currently Realm 8th) This is my current guild. As the guild however is regressing at the moment, and taking steps back, in the form of not considering to raid Mythic content in the upcoming weeks, people stepping down/leaving, and/or people who are simply not on par with other players in terms of skill and game knowledge, me and two friends of mine (both whom I've played with since Sub Rosa Code back in Cataclysm and earlier), have decided that, sadly, it is time to part ways.

How did you hear about Frenzy?
Woodgnome approached me via wowprogress.com!

Why Frenzy and why should we accept YOU?
After speaking to Woodgnome, and after doing some research on the guild myself, I believe that Frenzy will be a nice home for me and my two friends. Frenzy seems to be just as eager as we are when it comes to progression, and proves to be so by holding the current rank of Realm 3rd!
I'm certain that I would contribute to the guild in multiple ways; I'm a very friendly and outgoing person, which not only helps me to make friends quickly, but also helps me to approach and help players in need! Likewise, I am very easy to speak to, and take criticism with excitement, as I always want to improve myself! I come to every raid willing to give 110%, not only trying to improve myself, but also others within the raid. I think this is an important trait to have, and also a trait that supports the guild as a whole. Apart from that, I contribute the guild with my experience. As mentioned above, I've been playing WoW for a long time now, know the ins-and-outs of every class and specc, and know how to tackle things in progression. I've been serving as Acting-Guild Master, and as officers in a Realm 3rd guild, aswell as a casual guild, have experience in Raid-Leading, and Role-mediating! I think that all of these traits have bettered not as a dedicated raider, but also as a person.

Do you know anyone from Frenzy in-game or irl already? If yes, who and will they vouch for you?
Woodgnome, but only via battle.net! Will he vouch for me if I bribe him with cookies? I'm sure woodgnomes love cookies, that's a fact.

What is your raid experience (on any character and including past experience)?
Wrath of the Lich King: Mained Hunter through Naxx & Co., Ulduar, TotK, and ICC 10/25 - all cleared.
Cataclysm: Played both Hunter and Druid, clearing all of the content on Normal, and most on heroic. (4.0 Cleared on Heroic, Firelands: 3/7 Heroic, Dragonsoul: 6/8 Heroic (Spine too hard, yo!)
Began focusing on healing here, and have been healing raids ever since. Made first contact with Raid and Guild leadership, replacing our former guild leader, as well as being Assistant-Raider lead at the time.
Mists of Pandaria: MSV: 6/6, HoF: 3/6, then took a break. -> SoO: 14/14Mythic (Hellscream's Downfall)

What do you expect from raiding in Frenzy?
From joining Frenzy, I expect joining a raid that is able to offer me what I enjoy doing most within this game; raiding progression. I hope that people are just as zealous and dedicated as I am, bringing both motivation and preparation to every 3 raid-days of the week! Other than that, I'm rather laid-back and an 'easy-to-deal-with' type of person, and hope that my personality will fit in well!
Do you have a microphone and are you willing to use it during raids?
Absolutely!

Can you attend all of our raid times listed in the rules? How often do you expect to miss a raid? (note we have an 80% attendance requirement and do track raider attendance)
Sure can! My raid-attendance ever since MoP has been flawless and at 100%. When I commit myself to something, I make sure to be on time, serving as a stand-by or not!
How much do you play outside of raiding times?
A lot. I log on every day, and honestly, when I'm not at work or studying for uni, I play World of Warcraft!

How would you describe yourself as a raider?
As mentioned above, I'm a very zealous, dedicated, and exceptionally motivated person. I'm the type of player that goes the extra mile, and I think I'm someone that motivates other people to do so aswell! My current guild master always calls me the 'voice of reason,' as I'm somebody who takes all the time needed to solve an issue. I keep track and look at a raid's logs every raid, and weeks beyond. I try to ensure that my gameplay is at the maximum of what me and my class are capable of, and I also try to find any ways of improvement in other players' logs (this goes especially for healers and ranged dps, as those are the roles I am 110% familiar with).

What addons do you use to improve your raiding performance?
The main AddOns that I use are VuhDo, elvUI, and DBM. I use VuhDo because of its great complexity, and because of the various opportunities and the help it provides if I'm healing. I use elvUI because I enjoy the way the addOn is set up, and have been using it since Cataclysm. Deadly Boss Mods I use due to the general help and awareness -support it brings to a raid. Other minor addOns I use include PhoenixStyle, which shows me buff-food and flask usage of other raid members, and warns me if some have not used the above stated, and Quartz, as it is an enhanced cast bar.

Please supply a link to the armory with your raiding gear equipped:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/c ... lie/simple (Note: I rotate some off-items around (rings, necklace), according to the fight, which is why sometimes I'm 680, sometimes 678/9

Please supply combat logs of some of your previous kills:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Gt ... D#fight=22 - Iron Maidens, feel free to scroll through!

Real life info
Name: Angelo
Info about you and what you do when not playing WoW: When not playing WoW, I'm either playing another video game, going out with friends, work, or studying for school! Seeing as World of Warcraft is my main hobby though, most of my time is invested into it, if I'm not working or studying! Especially in times of progression, I tend to not go out that much, and certainly not on a raid night (dedication, and all!) I'm also into playing drums and the piano, which is what I usually do during the day if I find myself having too much time on my hands, or simply dread studying.

You're free to add extra information if you feel like it!
Better buff Irelia! Kappa

March 2nd, 2015, 1:33
Officer

Post Re: Narlie (Disc/Shadow Priest, 680) Raid Application
Hello Narlie,

We'll have a look at your application and get back to you soon!

March 2nd, 2015, 2:12
Officer

Post Re: [DECLINED] Narlie (Disc/Shadow Priest, 680) Raid Applica
Hello Narlie,

Thank you for applying to Frenzy. We've reviewed your application and unfortunately decided to decline your request for a trial spot. Good luck with the hunt for a guild!

March 4th, 2015, 0:27
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]