View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 0:01

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Wizard: Beacuse Soren is Noob 
Officer

Post Re: Wizard: Beacuse Soren is Noob
There definitely seems to be a bump in the road for certain classes on reaching inferno. Perhaps with patch 1.0.3 things have been smoothed out somewhat. As a wizard i think its probably preferable to try and keep some form of decent damage dealing ability in your spec.

Running without magic missile or piercing orb just completely gimps your damage to the extent that you end up kiting forever.

As a barbarian you can keep gearing for survival at the cost of doing reduced damage until you reach a point where you survive anything and thus can stand still doing very low damage but still kill stuff.

I don't think you can apply the same methodology to wizards though, where you effectively kite/survive forever. i don't think it really works or is at all fulfilling because you'll eventually get caught out and die anyway. Your better off establishing a base amount of survival and then working on dishing out damage quicker.

June 26th, 2012, 13:48
Officer

Hangen wrote:
Woodgnome wrote:
but didn't really intend as the "main" playstyle of wizard
You cannot possibly know that. I'm not saying that you are wrong but that unless Blizz come out and say we didn't intent for you to play like that, as long as it is viable option I can only guess that was Blizz's intent.

I agree to an extent except that Monks and Barbarians do take 30% reduced melee damage compared to the 3 "ranged" classes. So clearly Blizzard weren't expecting wizards to spend a long time in melee range.

At the end of the day i guess you do whatever's more efficient. I believe the idea was probably to enable wizards to use skills to enable survival allowing gearing to favor damage.

June 26th, 2012, 13:53

Woodgnome wrote:
Do you die to the enrages or do you manage to get them down in the 30-40 seconds? Tried Belial yet?

Im at zultan kulle but im tired of the game allready cba to continue and yea i kill them with that enrage i focus one at a time leaving 1 left when the enrage hits.

Winkle wrote:
I agree to an extent except that Monks and Barbarians do take 30% reduced melee damage compared to the 3 "ranged" classes. So clearly Blizzard weren't expecting wizards to spend a long time in melee range.

I take 8% or less from any hit 30% of that is quiet alot still not that much that i would like to have it. at the other hand it wouldnt help me much becouse of the amount of defensive spells i use. and its obivous that a barbarian or monk wont kite as they have to get into melee range to hit.

Yet i think wizard rly is a decent tank but it wouldnt work that well if you team up with a barb or monk as they need to get closer then the wizard does.

June 26th, 2012, 14:33
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3