View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 18:49

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Inferno progress suggestion 

Post Inferno progress suggestion
Since the BEST loot in the game comes from the last two Acts of Inferno, I have a suggestion to make.

Form a group of 4 people and "rush" through the quests avoiding everything we can (that includes normal mobs, Champions and Rares). The goal is to unlock as much as we can up to Act4. Quest mobs/bosses are far more easy than any Champion/Rare pack, with only exception probably the end bosses of each Act.

Keep in mind that we are going to die A LOT and probably we will have to self-sacrificingly kite some of the mobs/Champions/Rares away of our path.

By having access to all the quests of Act3, we can then choose and farm whatever we feel we are able to for better gear. Of course we may find some upgrades in the process.

Is anyone willing to die with me?

May 29th, 2012, 12:53

Post Re: Inferno progress suggestion
Hangen wrote:
Is anyone willing to die with me?

Who said anything about dying?

May 29th, 2012, 13:09

Im totally bored at the end of act 2 on hell... I wouldnt mind joining
U got any minimum for gear or lvl to start with?

May 29th, 2012, 14:27
Officer

I don't think corpse running to waypoints is going to work out that well, or at least it'll be incredibly frustrating.

I think a better way to farm gear is to:

Stack 5 valor buffs and kill jailer/butcher.

Farm goblins in Act 1, Old ruins. 4 people start solo games, all go check the dungeon in old ruins, when 1 person gets a goblin all transfer to that persons game and kill goblin.

The majority of comments I've seen about boss loot is that's inferior to champ loot anyway (at least without the valor buff).

Also be sure to quip magic find gear before you strike the killing blow on champs/bosses.

May 29th, 2012, 14:45

Astelia wrote:
Who said anything about dying?
I am saying it. Stop trolling.

Hènk wrote:
Im totally bored at the end of act 2 on hell... I wouldnt mind joining
U got any minimum for gear or lvl to start with?
You need to have unlock Inferno, since I'm talking about Inferno Act3. It will also be good if you can solo most of the Inferno Act1. At that point probably you are already level 60.

Winkle wrote:
I don't think corpse running to waypoints is going to work out that well, or at least it'll be incredibly frustrating.
Extremely frustrating. I promise.

Winkle wrote:
I think a better way to farm gear is to:

Stack 5 valor buffs and kill jailer/butcher.

Farm goblins in Act 1, Old ruins. 4 people start solo games, all go check the dungeon in old ruins, when 1 person gets a goblin all transfer to that persons game and kill goblin.

The majority of comments I've seen about boss loot is that's inferior to champ loot anyway (at least without the valor buff).

Also be sure to quip magic find gear before you strike the killing blow on champs/bosses.
All that are correct and probably more efficient ways of farming loot.

My only drawing to unlock most, if not all, of the Act3 is that blue items in Act3 are better than anything in Act1 most of the times. They have more stats, more resistances, more of everything. Of course it's all random and maybe I was just lucky in Act3 and unlucky in previous Acts in all the difficulties, but that is my experience.

Maybe it is just not a good idea after all, don't know. Did you guys have the same drops with me? Was always Act3 drops much better that Act1? What is your experience?

May 29th, 2012, 15:58
Officer

Up to my current point of progress (just before Belial in hell) I haven't noticed any difference between the acts - seems like it's... Completely random!

May 29th, 2012, 16:06

i did notice that act4 is alot better in any mode but im not sure about act3
downside of act4 is its short and there are only 2 random "caves" alltho those are fairly easy to complete compared to the rest of the maps.

and another thought: secret pony level on inferno?
im busy farming the mats which are a bitch aswell >.>

May 29th, 2012, 17:37
Officer

I think i've found maybe 5-6 items leveling from 1-60 that I've actually used so its difficult for me to say personally what levels drop better items.

In inferno each act has its own set of gear. However items that drop in one act have a chance to drop in other acts, e.g. you can get act I inferno gear in both hell IV and Inferno II. Perhaps you got an inferno I item drop in Hell III?

The pony level is only available after you kill Diablo on that particular difficulty (BS plans available from vendor after killing him). Pony level is approximately equal in difficulty to act IV of that level. You need to craft the staff in order of progression, so Normal>Nightmare>Hell>Inferno and its expensive (hell crafting fee is 750k).

May 29th, 2012, 18:04

Guide to acessing the pony lvl, AKA whimsyshire

May 30th, 2012, 18:17
Officer

May 30th, 2012, 19:48
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next