View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 19:37

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 One click swap to MF gear 
Officer

Post One click swap to MF gear
BANNABLE, USE AT OWN RISK
(http://i.imgur.com/tCDeM.png)

So what's this one click shit? Well, first you need Autohotkey. What does it do? It allows you to script any mouse clicks and keyboard presses, including keyboard combinations like CTRL + something etc.

The program loads into tray and it's possible to assign hotkey buttons to perform the automated scripts when clicked/pressed. Here's an example of an MF hotkey script:

Code:
XButton2::
MouseGetPos, oldMouseX, oldMouseY
Send {Space}
Send i
MouseClick, Right, 1477, 850, 1, 0
MouseClick, Right, 1525, 850, 1, 0
MouseClick, Right, 1575, 850, 1, 0
MouseClick, Right, 1625, 850, 1, 0
MouseClick, Right, 1675, 850, 1, 0
MouseClick, Right, 1725, 850, 1, 0
MouseClick, Right, 1775, 850, 1, 0
MouseClick, Right, 1825, 850, 1, 0
MouseClick, Right, 1875, 800, 1, 0
MouseClick, Right, 1875, 850, 1, 0
Click %oldMouseX%, %oldMouseY%, 0
Send i

Lets go through it:

Code:
XButton2::
The special syntax [KEY]:: defines the hotkey. This case is a bit special as XButton2 refers to a non-specific mouse button (usually mouse 5). Any buttons can be used, but special keys like CTRL requires some replacement codes, for instance CTRL + C would be written ^C::

Code:
MouseGetPos, oldMouseX, oldMouseY
Saves current X and Y mouse coordinates (for when the script resets mouse positioin after equipping MF gear).

Code:
Send {Space}
Special keys like space need to be wrapped in curly braces. Space closes the inventory window and does nothing if it's already closed - this ensures that the inventory window is indeed closed before the rest of the script is performed.

Code:
Send i
Open inventory.

Code:
MouseClick, Right, 1477, 850, 1, 0
MouseClick, Right, 1525, 850, 1, 0
MouseClick, Right, 1575, 850, 1, 0
MouseClick, Right, 1625, 850, 1, 0
MouseClick, Right, 1675, 850, 1, 0
MouseClick, Right, 1725, 850, 1, 0
MouseClick, Right, 1775, 850, 1, 0
MouseClick, Right, 1825, 850, 1, 0
MouseClick, Right, 1875, 800, 1, 0
MouseClick, Right, 1875, 850, 1, 0
Click %oldMouseX%, %oldMouseY%, 0
These are all mouse clicks (surprise). The MouseClick command is not recommended by the creators of the program, because its more complex to use - but it has more parameters (most importantly, speed parameter). Anyways, lets break it down: First there's the MouseClick, then which button (Left, Right, Middle etc.), X position, Y, number of clicks, speed.

Only two things here should need some extra explanation: Speed and coordinates.
Speed = 0 is the fastest speed available and this should be as fast as possible. For coordinates they correspond to Windows/game resolution. To find these one can open Autohotkey and in the File menu start something called Windows Spy.

Windows Spy shows coordinates of mouse position and is always on top (provided Diablo III runs in fullscreen windowed mode). Determine where the mouse should be clicked and write down the coordinates.

The last Click command is just a simple version of MouseClick Left (which I couldn't get to work) with X and Y coordinates and number of clicks - this should be set to 0 because that will move the mouse without performing any clicks. X and Y coordinates are set to %oldMouseX% and %oldMouseY% - the % syntax is used to reference previously stored variables (in this case the original mouse coordinates) - which will return the mouse pointer to it's previous position.

Keep in mind, the coordinates will be fucked up if you try to use the script while not running full screen mode with the same resolution as your desktop.

Code:
Send i
Close inventory.

Voila! Magic Find gear equipped in <1 second with a single mouse 5 click! Another click will reequip your regular gear.

June 18th, 2012, 0:45

Post Re: One click swap to MF gear
Does it work? Yes.
Does it violates the User Agreement? Yes.

Use it at your own risk.

I am not using it for the only reason that there is a slight possibility to lead my account to ban, so I'm not risking my whole account that I have for years for some more loots.

Quote:
Unapproved Third Party Software
A third party program is any file or program that is used in addition to the game to gain an unfair advantage. These programs may increase movement speed or teleport heroes from one place to another beyond what is allowed by game design. It also includes any programs that obtain information from the game that is not normally available to the regular player or that transmit or modify any of the game files.

Cheat Programs ("Hacks")
We take action against accounts using hacks when a hero on the account is identified using a hack program. Hacks provide benefits normally not achievable in the game. Such benefits may include: increased speed, teleportation, or running through walls.

Automation Programs ("Bots")
We take action against accounts using automation programs or bots when one or more heroes on the account are identified using a bot to achieve automation.
If a player is found to have used such a program, they may:

• Be temporarily suspended from the game
  • Have further action taken, up to and including account closure

source (US)
source (EU)

June 18th, 2012, 9:25
Officer

I think it's in a grey zone for Blizzard, I mean, are they going to ban everyone that has programmed a macro on their mouse? This is completely doable with some mouse drivers - and I don't see why driver software should differ from something like Autohotkey.

June 18th, 2012, 11:15
Officer

Seem bannable after all:Image

I think it won't fall into the automation category if you bind multiple keys (1 for each item you want to switch) to a hotkey like, say:
1. You press 'i' to open inventory
2. You hold CTRL and swipe your finger across 1-10 each having their own single mouse click Autohotkey bind.
3. You press 'i' again to close inventory.

That's guessing of couse, but Blizzard doesn't seem to be very responsive to the many threads on the subject.

June 18th, 2012, 11:22

I was trying to find again the exact same picture but I couldn't. Tnx for posting it.

As I see it, Blizzard have all the rights to ban your account for using macros if they wish it.
Will they do it? I have no idea.
Does it worth the risk? For me, No.

As I say: Use it at your own risk.

I will not because I don't want to risk to lose my account. If understand it correctly WoW, SCII and D3 are all under your account and a permanent ban of your account means you are losing access to all.

Maybe Blizzard do nothing, maybe they ban some accounts, maybe ban all accounts, I don't care, because it does not make any difference for me. I'm playing the game at my own pace and if that means that it will take me 2 more years that everyone else to find the same gear I'm OK with it.

June 18th, 2012, 11:52

I agree with hangen i have no mfset myself so i barely get awesome items so for me it would take millenia to complete my sets xD.. I once read a blue post about multiboxing in wow which is somewhat allowed but not legal after all no got banned for it as far as i know and i remember Strike rampaging wintergraps with 10 druids. So these type of things are tricky to play with and i think if u use the mf macro only on elites or treasure goblins u wont get banned for it.. But u can make an entire fight combo with it including movement which is obviously not alowed.

June 18th, 2012, 15:16
Officer

The only problem with allowing this software/macro usage is that it devalues MF gear or MF as a stat.

If Blizzard wanted to allow gear swaps i imagine they would have done it in a similar way to wow.

Having said that its perfectly possible, albeit slightly awkward to do it already via your inventory. So perhaps they're not to fussed.

June 18th, 2012, 15:23
Officer

It devalues MF as a stat on your "regular" gear, but any other MF items are useless without being able to swap them in for the kill. The practice has been used for ages in Diablo II and the fact that Blizzard didn't make gear sets might simply be a decision to keep it in the spirit of Diablo II.

June 18th, 2012, 15:26
Officer

Woodgnome wrote:
It devalues MF as a stat on your "regular" gear, but any other MF items are useless without being able to swap them in for the kill. The practice has been used for ages in Diablo II and the fact that Blizzard didn't make gear sets might simply be a decision to keep it in the spirit of Diablo II.
Lots of ingame items are useless. I've had a magic belt with a reduced level requirement on it and NO other stats.

June 18th, 2012, 15:47

A rare has a max amount of different stats.. If mf is one of them you wouldmhave 1 stat less thenothers without if everyone would have BiS items xD i currently got a tankset on my wizard without mf alltho there are items that would be better then my current with mf.. Im just a cheapscate.
Infact legendary items have in general more stats compared to rares but rares can have more then an average legendary making the rare supperior over a legendary even over set legendaries. So i think there is no point saying mf on an item is a waste of stats.. Its rather an addition to the item.

And winkle we all had such items with 1 stat i even had a rare one with increased armor only..

June 18th, 2012, 17:03
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next