View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:23

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Demon hunter compendium 

Post Demon hunter compendium
Basically - what people has done for some other classes already - this time for the best class ;)

I'm only lvl 24 atm, so might need Amanda/any other DH's to stick in their imput...

At the moment i'm running with
Entangling shot - Chain gang
Impale - Chemical burn
Bola shot - Volatile explosives
Vault - Rattling Roll
Preparation - Invigoration
Sentry

Passives:
Tactical advantage
Vengance

This gives me a fuck load of mobility, with masses of AoE spam, on harder hitting mobs i Bola shot and impale spam (assuming they're not slowable)
I know i'm going to get screwed over later on in the game, which is kinda why i posted this, to see what others are doing and how i can improve...

ßæn - 100 Death Knight
ßæl - 100 Warlock

May 24th, 2012, 16:08

Post Re: Demon hunter compendium

It's you, using Smokebomb.

May 25th, 2012, 12:00
Officer

KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNG POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

May 25th, 2012, 13:35

At the moment, in Act 1 Hell (just finished Act 1) i'm using http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/d ... acb!aZaabb
for my general fights...

Swapping to http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/d ... acb!caYabb for named bosses if it seems appropriate...

I also did half of Act 1 forgetting that i could have a companion, (i use Templar with all the heals specced)...

Amaganda/any other DH's... Advice? I'm rather low on health and damage (16k health, 3.5-4k dmg) but also extremely low on moneys so... :P

ßæn - 100 Death Knight
ßæl - 100 Warlock

May 27th, 2012, 1:54

Im running around as wizard in act 2on hell wth 26k hp dealing 4-6k dmg per hit im still squishy and start tothink that i dont need vitality but more dodge upto100% lol

May 27th, 2012, 11:26
Officer

well I am no expert but I can definitely tell you what I have succes with: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/d ... edT!bbabYY using this when soloing/aoeing and also it's alright for kiting champions/elites
at boss fights I use a more single targetted spec... like impale with chemical burn, sentry and so on.
Im lvl 53 atm with 22k hp and almost 10k dps.

Amanda#2108

May 29th, 2012, 17:22

I'm using http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#acYdTQ!Tbe!cYaZZa at the moment, playing exclusively co-op with Thenorris on his monk.

That's for AoE'ing down groups, it works pretty well, sat on about 7.4k dps Act 1 hell.

For bosses I'll probably switch to http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aZgdTV!TYe!YZYbZb for maximum damage and survivability.

I've seen various threads on playing DH at 60, but I'll probably go for uber glass cannon dps until I have some decent gear. When I get to 600-650+ Resist all, at least 35-40k HP and 3-3.5k armour, I'll try this build - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WRXgTQ!Xfe!YcZYZb.

The idea behind the last build linked is that you're not getting one-shotted, and by keeping shadow power up as long as possible, you basically heal yourself to full health if you get hit by anything, so it's geared towards discipline regeneration over dps. Supposedly works really well, but you need some pretty serious gear for it.

June 9th, 2012, 10:03

I'm trying a build around Shadow Power: Gloom (Reduce incoming damage by 65% while Shadow Power is active).

I'm using most of my Monk's gear, so my resistance are around 380-400, my armor around 4k and my health around 30k. I'm also using a Hand Crossbow for the extra critical hit chance from Archery and a Quiver.

I'm also considering the use of Battle Scars (Gain 60% Life after using Preparation) for Preparation instead of Backup Plan (There is a 30% chance that Preparation's cooldown will not be triggered).

I don't really want to use Sharpshooter and Night Stalker provides me a decent Discipline regeneration.

I'm also thinking to drop Steady Aim because most of the times I'm tanking the mobs, so I'm not 10 yards away to benefit from it.

What are your thoughts?
Should I drop the Quiver for a Shield?
Am I mad for not using Sharpshooter?
Should I replace Steady Aim? If yes with what?

July 4th, 2012, 14:54
Officer

I guess since you're using your Monk gear you've got more survivability and perhaps a little less DPS than a regular DH with gear around the same ilvl.

As such it makes sense to focus on skills which compliment your gearing style.

You may find a Bow provides more damage than a crossbow though, if your critical hit damage is low. Again sharpshooter is really only suited to those who gear for high crit damage. Dropping Steady Aim sounds reasonable if you expect to be in melee range constantly.

Generally though i think you may find your survivability is significantly worse than on your monk due to the lack of the 30% damage reduction passive. However Wizards can play a melee spec so why not DH.

July 4th, 2012, 16:59

This is one of two gearing styles widely suggested... this is actually the one that people say "once you CAN get this sort of gear, this is the best one to go for, but it's expensive" sorta thing...

Or at least it was back when i was still looking at this stuff...
From what i remember you basically do everything you can to increase discipline regen... Personally, i would use battle scars, but that might just be becasue i always have on my DH, so i'm used to having this heal to throw out whenever i need it...

ßæn - 100 Death Knight
ßæl - 100 Warlock

July 4th, 2012, 18:26
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next