View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 14:28

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Fucking crazy EVE shit 

Post Fucking crazy EVE shit
So some days ago EVE Online went batshit crazy. Opposing factions went ham on each other after one of the involved parties basically forgot to pay the rent for a starsystem and multiple factions warpzoned in to seize it.

The link below is a dev atricle about the whole thing.
There were 7548 unique players directly involved in the fight.
Reddit calculated the losses suffered when you calculate ingame currency into gametime and then into actual money to be around $300.000.
One of the factions, TEST, had 2000 people on mumble at one point during the battle.

At the end of the article are also some reddit links to AMAs (Ask Me Anything) by some of the noteworthy people involved. (Fleet commanders, coalition leaders etc.)

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev ... -of-b-r5rb

also when they talk about stuff like CFC Fleet Commander Lazarus Telraven and Sort Dragon with his indestructible Titan, they're talking about actual human beings.

Fucking EVE. I'm never going to actually get into the game itself, but it's pretty damn cool.

January 29th, 2014, 23:56
Officer

Post Re: Fucking crazy EVE shit
Size comparison of ships in Eve, Star Wars, Star Trek and many more:

The bottom left ship is one of the city destroyers from Independence Day. I'm wondering where the Death Star would come in ^^

The crazy thing about EVE is that ships take weeks and months (real life time!!) to build and learn how to navigate - and 75 of those were destroyed o.O

January 30th, 2014, 1:10

Lol took 3 months to build a titan and then it dies in a day. That would piss me off so much; never played EVE before but that does make you want to play just to be involved in such a hectic fight.

January 30th, 2014, 1:12

No tau ships makes me sad (battlesphere doesnt count)

January 30th, 2014, 2:47

Well the Deathstar held over 7k TIE fighters aswell as numerous other support ships and land assault vehicles and that is just the hangers so i assume it is much larger than any of those other ships by far.

January 30th, 2014, 10:47
Officer

I assume it might block out the entire image ^^

January 30th, 2014, 11:42
Officer

The first Death Star was 160 kilometers in diameter, while the second Death Star was 900 kilometers in diameter.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Star

January 30th, 2014, 14:34

Guys, I am actually part of the coallition involved in that fight. We were the ones who lost, unfortunately, but the fight was truly epic. I can't fly Titans or other capitals, and I don't really want to just yet. Normally, the fun is in cruisers and other subcapitals. But when something like that happens, even flying a Titan becomes facinating.

That battle was a strong kick to the balls. We have to retreat and regroup now (most likely losing a good deal of our space within a few days). But new fights are just around the corner. And after a few weeks I am getting into a first really good ship. Can't wait. It's time to continue killing Russians and Goons. :)

January 31st, 2014, 3:35
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]