View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 22nd, 2024, 7:19

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 [GW2] Does anyone interested? 
Officer

Post Re: Guild Wars 2 - Does anyone interested?
Astelia wrote:
I figured out the performance issues for anyone wondering, it doesn't take your GPU into consideration, only your CPU so pray your can run it.

I don't have any issues in that regard, my i5 2500k munches it.

April 28th, 2012, 17:36
Officer

Really enjoyed playing the GW2 beta this weekend.

I'd read a fair bit about the game but i was still a little apprehensive about paying £50 for it. Thankfully for fears have been assuaged after playing Beta.

Good shit:
Graphics, very nice characters and world. Very detailed. Good character animations, combat felt visceral. Very nice spell effects and the like.

Questing, i actually enjoyed questing, mainly because if the whole Dynamic Event system. Arena Net have done wonders making it feel like the world is alive and you're passing through. If you've played rift it's similar to that except its not 100 repetitive rifts its apparently 1500 different events throughout the world.

The quests/events are actually pretty hard too. Me and Hangen got repeatedly destroyed at times by crazed enemy NPCs.

Combat, Really enjoyed the combat system, the whole weapon switch system works very well. Each weapon has 5 abilities plus a special. Out of combat you can switch weapons at will, during combat you have a primary and secondary weapon. Allows for an initially simple system to branch out in very many different ways.

Bad Shit
TBH i don't really have to many negatives, although i only levelled one class to 15 so my play time is limited.

My 2 main concerns is a lack of endgame content, there's no raids envisioned just the Dynamic Events and Dungons plus some world bosses.

There's also no holy trinity, which i'm slightly skeptical about. I'm not even sure how you go about producing 5 man dungeon content when its literally every man for himself.

Regardless of my concerns though i've already bought it and am pretty sure it'll easily provide £50 worth of entertainment. Whether it'll last more than 3 months is a different issue. But i can happily play this alongside WoW since there's no sub.

April 30th, 2012, 12:37

My thoughts are pretty much the same with Winkle's.

PvE
The lack of conventional endgame PvE content (raids) may cause issues to some people. I see raids (WoW raids) as Organized Large-scale PvE content. Organized because you need to/can coordinate X people to be online and available at a specific day and time to try to overcome a specific encounter. Also Organized because you need this people to do their jobs with precision versus that encounter. Both of that are also true in GW2. The only deference comes to the Large-scale part. GW2’s dungeons are for 5 people, but do not confuse or compare the difficulty of that dungeons with the once we have in WoW. The GW2’s dungeons have the same difficult as the raids in WoW.

Combat
In WoW most of the times I try to avoid combat. I’m killing only what the quest telling me to kill and try to work my way around the other mobs. In GW2 I was deliberately engaged in combat with random mobs. The combination of the weapon switching and the dodge mechanics makes combat extremely fun and engaging.

Trinity
The lack of trinity will cause major problems to lots of people. You cannot play GW2 like you play WoW. You are going to fail horribly and die. You need to adapt. If you have ever play any pen and paper RPG, combat without trinity will be very familiar to you. I’m talking about the concept, the mechanics and the way you approach it.

Combat without trinity is like a near wipe kill of a raid boss in WoW. Evasion tanking, battle rezes, hunter kitting, mirror images, are only some examples of what we can use in WoW to turn a wipe to a kill. We have seen that in many world firsts kills, Baleroc, or even forced by Blizzard inside the encounter itself, Chimaeron.

You can still “tank” but you cannot do that forever, like evasion tanking. You need to move out at some point until your “tanking” ability comes out of CD and someone else needs to move in and start “tanking”. You also need to dodge the big attacks of the boss, maybe you can eat one but that’s about it.

You don’t have someone to heal you. You need to remember to press your healing skill. You cannot outheal the big attacks that you supposed to avoid, you need to dodge them. You have some margins for errors of course; the AoE heals of your friends allows you that.

PvP
PvP will be a major part of Guild Wars 2; at least that’s my feeling. Most of you know that I personally hate PvP. It is something that I never do. Even with all my hate for PvP I really like how it works in GW2. You have Structure PvP (like arenas/rated battlegrounds), Hot-Join PvP (like random battlegrounds) and WvW (like nothing in WoW).

The fact that everyone in Structure and Hot-Join PvP has access to the same gear and the same abilities (class depended of course) enables you to stand as equal versus other players. Even if you take a break for X amount of time you can come back and still be competitive. The only thing that matters is your ability to press your buttons properly. And I like that.

I will not say much about WvW because it is more complicated. I will only say that it feels good and I really really enjoy it.

Bottom Line
The game looks good and feels good. It is worth a try.

April 30th, 2012, 15:53

Winkle is UGLY!!

April 30th, 2012, 17:11

Gayboy Delight, human male warrior - son of a murdered mother, brother to a murdered sister, who will get his revenge in this life in the next, is definitely a lot worse looking than Winkle. But nowhere near as epic as RaptorJesus, popori slayer in Tera.

April 30th, 2012, 17:25

Mark Katzbach wrote:
We’ll be conducting a stress test on Monday May 14 from 11 AM to 6:00 PM PDT (-7 GMT).

This special test event is open only to Pre-Purchase customers who have registered their accounts. With your help, we can conduct important tests and address some of the issues we identified during our first Beta Weekend Event. During this event, all you need to do is play normally with a new or existing character on your Beta account using the same game client. Please note that since this is a stress test of our servers, you may experience some in-game performance issues. If you’ve pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and wish to participate in the stress test, we recommend that you register the account and download the game client.

Pre-Purchase customers, log in to the Beta Forums for more information and/or to download the Beta client if needed.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/stress/news/Getting-Started/169235

Having issues logging in? Contact Support: https://support.guildwars2.com/

source

May 10th, 2012, 16:10
Officer

7 hours on a Monday? Not exactly the best time to do a stress test, still it'll be 6pm to 1am for me so not to bad.

May 10th, 2012, 16:15

ArenaNet wrote:
Guild Wars 2 will officially launch on Tuesday, August 28th.
To this end, I’m excited to announce that our next and final Beta Weekend Event is planned for July 20-22.
We’ll see you in-game.

source

June 29th, 2012, 8:43

so MoP will launch... the week after? :P

ßæn - 100 Death Knight
ßæl - 100 Warlock

June 29th, 2012, 12:34

in ur dreams? :D

June 29th, 2012, 12:46
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next