View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 29th, 2024, 19:10

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Computer parts 

Post Computer parts
Okay... i'm a noob at computers... and last year when i put a new graphics card in to play Diablo 3, i didn't grip all the wires back and yeah, burnt through the wire to my fan...
Took fan out, stuck PC infront of window - sorted...
Earlier this year i moved into my sister's old room... which is lovely, but i've realised the windows are south facing, meaning sunlight comes in through my window... this is slightly annoying from a "i can't see my screen" perspective (but easily remedied)... but is more annoying in a "fuck, my already hot computer which doesn't have decent cooling anymore is now being heated up by a fucking huge ball of fire"... therefore i feel i need to buy a new fan... but i'm a noob so need help getting one that'll fit and work and shit... Help?

TL;DR - I fucked up my PC's Fan, i need your help to get a new one

Let me know what you need to know to be able to give me advice and shizzles :)))

ßæn - 100 Death Knight
ßæl - 100 Warlock

May 15th, 2013, 17:33

Post Re: Computer parts
It sounds like a case fan, just mesure it's dimmensions and get a new one.
Most likely it will be 80cm or 120cm

PS. If u want the "hangen solution" buy a Floor Fan and put it in front of the pc!

May 15th, 2013, 17:57
Officer

I assume when you say you burnt through the wires to your fan you're referring to a case fan rather than the Gfx card fan.

Assuming this is the case then you'll seemly need a replacement case fan, most are 120-140mm although you can simply measure your current fan to check. A replacement fan is cheap :http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-har ... fans-140mm the sharkoon ones are decent, the higher the rpm the more cooling it will/can provide.

Having said that just putting better fans in your exisiting case might not solve any overheating issues you have, case design is actually very important when it comes to cooling, if you case is a pile of poo perhaps consider buying a replacment, even something relatively cheap like http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xigmatek-Midgar ... B00664IEES will offer a nice cool environment for your pc.

May 15th, 2013, 18:07

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CiT-Tower-Part- ... omputers_3 is the case i have currently...

and i need to check it out, but i think it's one of the cables inside the computer that died, and the fan was the only non "essential" part... (and yes, case fan)

ßæn - 100 Death Knight
ßæl - 100 Warlock

May 15th, 2013, 18:26

I'm unclear as to how you could have "burnt though" the wires for a case fan. Most likely its not connected correctly (you have checked its plugged in and in the right place?)
A photo of your situation would help if possible.

May 16th, 2013, 12:12
Officer

Yes i'm equally confused when you say the fan was the only non essential part? Of course the wires inside the case, where else would it be? The fan will come with a new cable, just plug it in to the nearest 3 pin connector on your Mobo. Alternatively it may be possible to power it directly off the PSU with a molex connection.

3 pin
Molex

May 16th, 2013, 12:33
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]